January 16, 2014

5 inspiring documentaries


To be honest, I'm not one for regular television shows and I rarely go to the movies. There's something about them that I can never really get into. It's a bit ironic because I'm the one that desperately wanted the TV and insisted on cable...which now I am trying to cancel. (Verizon makes it much harder to cancel than to sign up!)

However, the one thing that I always enjoy is a good documentary. Documentaries discover, inspire, and reveal things, but not just made up things, real stuff. Real problems, real stories. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it so much easier to relate to them!

Here are 5 documentaries (all available on Netflix :) that I highly recommend:


1. Jiro Dreams of Sushi about a world renowned chef with a deep committed love to the art of sushi

2. First Position an inside look at the world of young ballet dancers and the rigor they put themselves through

3. Man on Wire the jaw-dropping account of Philippe Petit's free-walk between the World Trade Center towers

4. Blackfish an eye-opening look into the world of Tilikum and captive orca whales

5. Hoop Dreams the struggle in pursuit of NBA aspirations and attaining the American Dream

If you're like me and in need of a breather after a long work week this my go to unwinding activity. (Plus it's cheaper than a movieespecially in Los Angeles, so expensive!) Let me know if you have any other recommendations for good documentaries, I'm always on the lookout.

xo from catie

{ top photo by Emma Sheffer }

No comments:

Post a Comment