February 6, 2014

the 10 most beautiful words, february


February is upon us and continuing my 10 Most Beautiful Words series, I've found some more lovely words to use in my future writing. Here are my thoughts on last month's novel and ten luscious words I wanted to share with you:

serendipitous the occurrence of a happy discovery by accident

lithe thin, supple, graceful

ponderous slow and clumsy because of a great weight

petrichor the scent that accompanies the first rain after a period of warm, dry weather

blossom the flower of a seed plant; the state of bearing flowers; to come into one’s own

copious abundant in supply or quantity

vivid producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind

jaunt a short excursion or journey for pleasure.

languid slow, listless

lilt cheerful buoyant song or movement

In my last post, I was reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. My grandmother had given it to me birthday so that we could read it and then go see the movie together. Although I enjoyed the book, I'm skeptical that it will make for a good film. The omniscient narrator is so intertwined with the story, I can't imagine how it will be adapted. Hopefully the movie will do the book justice and exceed my expectations since my standards for it are pretty low!

Do you have any words that you really love? Leave a comment at let me know!

xo from catie

{ photo by Cassie Geibel }

No comments:

Post a Comment