April 18, 2014

southwestern scandinavian living room



I find that living with roommates makes it somewhat difficult to furnish shared spaces, like the living room. Since the furniture is used by all of us (+ guests), it makes it difficult to find reason to shell out the big bucks on nice pieces. Plus, my roommates and I are recent grads sharing the expenses of our communal furniture, so nobody wants to invest $1000 in a couch. (Commence Ikea and Craigslist furniture search.) However, I've been finding the coolest stuff I wish I could have so I put together a mood board that would totally encapsulate my wildest living room dreams. It seems I have a tendency for Scandinavian, mid-century pieces with a cozy yet playful Southwestern twist. Now I just need my own big house so I can install that awesome trapeze! :D

xo from catie

pillow // light // side table // antlers // throw // loveseat // planters // lamp // vase // rug // trapeze // console

No comments:

Post a Comment