February 9, 2015

headspace: the benefits of meditation


Whenever I'm anxious I literally feel knots building up in the back of my neck and between my shoulders. I was getting so uncomfortable and on top of that I was making myself more stressed out about the fact that I was stressed. That's when I discovered this seriously magical app called Headspace...

Andi Puddicombe, a former Buddhist monk, teaches you step by step how to meditate and guides you along the whole process. Slowly increasing the length of time and each day there is a new meditation for the whole year. Here are the major benefits I've noticed so far:

1. It reduces my stress + anxiety
Not only does taking 15-20 minutes out of my day relieve my anxiety but it actually makes me more mindful of the times when I notice stress starting to build up. I can cope with it!

2. I'm better focused + calmer thoughts
Meditation has given me a clearer, calmer mind when approaching negative situations and a stronger focus on positive energy in all my interactions and relationships. (I really don't mean to sound all hippy-dippy but it's just so true!)

3. I'm happier!
I empathize more and take a little time each day to acknowledge the things I am grateful for. Life is so good :)



There are 1,440 minutes each day and taking just 10 minutes to quietly sit with yourself (even if it's at lunch in the corner with your headphones in) is worth it for the benefit of yourself and those around you. Try it here! Those ten minutes each day will be revolutionary! :D

xo from catie

No comments:

Post a Comment