January 28, 2014

fieldtrip to tongva park, santa monica


I live in Los Angeles, but I have a love/hate relationship with it. However, once in awhile I run across a little gem like this, smack dab in a bustling area that I thought I knew like the back of my hand! Click through to check out more pics from Tongva Park in Santa Monica....




Last weekend, on our hunt to find a nice spot to picnic (read: eat the sandwiches we bought from Bay Cities Italian Deli), we stumbled across this patch of green on our way to the beach.


It had an awesome roll-y slide (the one on the left)...


...and these awesome structures to play on. (I'm determined to climb on it next time!)


There were magical paths with lots of little fountains scattered throughout...


...these wind sculptures...


...and a wooden bridge leading to sculptural observation decks that looked out on the ocean.

Tongva park is a breath of fresh air in the tourist-packed Santa Monica! (Also, if you have to use the public bathrooms while you're in the area, these are the newest and the cleanest, which let's face it, is rare in L.A. ;) Happy adventuring!

xo from catie

photos by Gary Kavanagh

No comments:

Post a Comment