May 5, 2014

los angeles color run: team heavyweights pt. 2


So I've made it to week 4 of my couch to 5k program (woo!), and the running has definitely gotten much more manageable. Here are some major benefits I'm starting to notice:
  • My heart doesn't feel like it is about to pound out of my chest every. single. time.
  • According to my Sleep Cycle app, my sleep quality is better
  • I'm in a happier, more productive mood throughout the day
  • Indulging occasionally on Panda Express is followed with less guilt
However, by far my favorite part of running is the surge of happiness whenever my early morning comrades and I exchange a "Good morning!" or a quick "Hello!" wave. (Maybe it's the Texas in me but it's such a nice and encouraging gesture!)


The downside is though, that I still struggle severely with waking up early. In fact, I'm behind my running schedule, even behind my other team members. It's so, so difficult for me to wake up early simply to run. Where the heck is that "runners high" or that happy feeling from those exercise endorphins??? Maybe my sleep hormones are suppressing them...



I'm making Perkis Power shirts for Team Heavyweights, so maybe it will give me the motivation to wake up! Once I've started the running is totally manageable, it's just a matter of starting. Any suggestions to help get my butt in gear are much appreciated!

xo from catie

No comments:

Post a Comment